Highlights of 2022: all-in-one infrastructure & growing ecosystem
December 20, 2022 - Neda Ashrafi Amiri in video api, Video stream
2022 is coming to an end, but for us, it’s just the beginning of a new era 🦋
It has been a year full of innovations and growth for the api.video team. We did everything to make video streaming simpler and easier than ever before! Adding videos to your products is our mission and our everyday mantra 🧘♀️
In this article, we would like to celebrate 🎉 and look back on some of the major highlights of 2022 together 🥂
All-in-one infrastructure 🎈
We built an infrastructure that is strong and independent. api.video offers an all-in-one dedicated encoding machines and CDN setup. We have observed 100% availability of our services this year, with no downtimes. What does this mean for you? We ensure that you have stability and control over all your videos. We also monitor and track important data to improve performance and provide a flawless playback experience for your viewers.
Ecosystem designed for you 🔌
You yes you. You were our main focus this year! And you will always be our main focus. Whether you are a content enthusiast looking to add videos to your Content Management System (CMS), or a developer wanting to skip the hassles of developing applications for multiple operating systems, we created the right tools for you.
We have a growing ecosystem with many new plugins, clients, libraries, and other no-code tools. Now you can easily add videos to your favorite applications with just a few clicks!
Here is a list of some of the tools we designed for you this year 🧩
- Plugin for WordPress - A plugin to embed and manage your videos into your WordPress website or blog.
- iOS client - A client that removes the iOS SDK to simplify api.video usage and deployment with advanced upload features.
- React upload button - a fully customizable button in your application that you can implement in a few minutes.
- Plugin for Strapi - a powerful, easy, and secure plugin to bring video content to your websites and applications using the Strapi headless CMS.
- Player for Flutter - an api.video customizable player for Flutter built natively for Android, iOS, and the web.
- Fully accessible player - with ARIA attributes present; the player is fully accessible to all screen reader users.
- Next.js boilerplate - a simple way to start implementing api.video with Next.js.
We are introducing a lot of exciting new tools in 2023 🎊 Don’t miss out! Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter to receive the latest updates!
New features inspired by you 🗣️
We believe that the only way to grow is by listening to our customers! We listened, and here are some of the features that you requested ⚙️
- Workspaces - Anyone can share their api.video dashboard with a colleague or a client. It's a great way to involve stakeholders in your projects.
- Watermark feature - You can now add customized watermarks to your new or old videos
- Clipping feature - With the clipping feature, you can trim your video by selecting the exact duration you desire right inside the api.video dashboard. No more going back and forth and using other tools for clipping your videos!
We have been continuously improving our product with new features and updates. However, we are just getting started! Join us on our journey to becoming better, and post your feedback!
New business opportunities 🌱
We are in the video business, and the video industry is BIG! We know that there are a lot of business opportunities you can harness by using the api.video tools. Our experts worked on putting together a few demos for you to see how easy it is to create those opportunities with our tools. Here are some of the use cases designed for you 💡
It sounds very BIG to create YouTube, but we make it so simple. Go BIG by keeping it simple and try out some of these demos for yourself. You may be the next BIG founder 🚀 It’s free to try!
You can also find more use cases on our blog!
$12M Series A funding 💰
We are very happy to share the news that api.video raised $12M in Series A funding. As I said, this is the beginning of a new era for us! An era of growth. But we don’t want to grow alone. We want to grow with you 🤝
We hope that you enjoyed reading the highlights of 2022. We, at api.video love our community and want to make sure that you know how much your support means to us. Let us know how to be better by posting your feedback and any ideas you may have on our community forum
On behalf of the api.video team we would like to wish you a happy holiday season and here is a video 🎬 we made just for you 🎄
Neda Ashrafi Amiri
You may also like