How Video Marketing Can Help You Sell Your Products and Services
April 27, 2021 - Erikka Innes
If you're researching video marketing for your business, no doubt you've seen videos grouped into all different categories, with varying definitions. There's discussions about unboxing videos, how-tos, explainer videos, ads, product demos, testimonials, behind-the-scenes videos and more. They're all useful, but when and where? How do you choose what's right for your company? The answer lies in the details of your customer journey.
A Few Statistics
Here's a few statistics to convince you that video marketing is a great idea:
- 64% of businesses said in the last 12 months, a video on Facebook resulted in a new client. (Animoto, 2020)
- 83% of video marketers say video has helped them generate leads. (Wyzowl, 2020)
- 95% of video marketers said they felt they'd increased understanding of their product or service using video. (Wyzowl, 2020)
- 93% of brands got a new customer because of a video on social media. (Wyzowl, 2020)
(Stats from hubspot's marketing statistics page.)
Put Yourself in the Customer's Shoes
When a customer wants to buy a new product or service, they go through a few phases:
- Research. Customer processes vary depending on budget, whether they're in a hurry, and what their goals are. But they're going to do some type of research. If they land on your site, and you want to use video content, a video that introduces your product and your brand is great. Depending on what you offer, your video could:
- Be a demo of how your product works
- Quickly explain the service you offer with an interesting animation or discussion from an expert
- A display of your product from different angles
According to Wyzowl, 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video. (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)
- Product Comparison. The customer selects a few products, but now it's time to decide which one is the best. This can be a stressful, emotional time in the customer's journey, especially if they are about to buy an expensive product or service. To help the customer out, you could offer videos that:
- Provide a testimonial about your product
- Offers details about features that make your product the best choice and includes statistics about how many happy customers you have
- Unbox your product - show off the high quality experience and product they will receive, from the moment it arrives at their door
79% of consumers have watched a video testimonial to learn more about a company, product or service. (Wyzowl) And according to YouTube Data, "the amount of time people have spent watching unboxing videos just on their phones is the equivalent of watching the holiday classic "Love Actually" more than 20 million times."
- Product Story. Some customers need additional encouragement to buy a product. A product isn't just the best because of what it has to offer, it's sometimes about how a product or service appeals to a customer's emotions. If it's for work, maybe buying your service helps your customer be more successful. If it's a personal product, maybe buying the product makes a hobby more fun or interesting. Help the customer imagine life with your product. You can easily do this with videos that:
- Are brand ads, show what kind of lives people lead at work or in their personal life because of your product
- Offer advice or tips about how to choose the product or work with the product
These videos and the other types we've talked about can help you convert a customer to a sale. In fact the website analytics company Kissmetrics says "Website visitors who view a product video are up to 85% more likely on average to purchase that product."
- Product Choice. After being reassured they're making the right choice, the customer finally chooses your product. You might nurture them and their purchase with useful tutorials or videos that help them get started using their product. These can help cut down on support calls and increase customer satisfaction.
There are many ways that adding video marketing to your website can help you, including boosting your SEO ranking. If you're ready to get started building your own video platform, api.video can help you.